Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gu as inspiration?

On February 11, 2011, I stood outside in the cold with friends from school at our Patrol Gu stop. I watched the runners at the beginning of the pack race by. WOW! They were so fast! I watched pace groups go by, not even sure what I was seeing. I saw Donna and Tim, in his glitter skirt, run by. By the end of the day, we had handed out many packs of Gu and given lots of cheers to the runners passing us. My brain started thinking. I was training for my longest run ever, the Gate River Run, a month from then. 9.3 miles was a LONG way... I couldn't ever do a marathon! Who would want to? Well, being there that day changed everything.
This year, I was the one running by the Neptune Beach Elementary Gu stop! This time it was my students and their parents cheering ME on!! I collected a bunch of hugs - and a bunch of Gu!- and kept running! What an encouraging and fun stop along my race route! So thankful to the Patrol sponsors, parents, kids & great friends who came out to see me! Ok, so maybe it wasn't all about me but... :-)
Talk about coming full circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment