Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Goals

I've seen a lot of posts recently about June goals. I decided I wanted to do one too! And here it is the middle of June and I'm finally sitting down to finish writing it! It seems more appropriate for me to now say these will be my summer goals. Especially with the Summer Solstice today! I'm a teacher and am out of school for the summer. I think to myself  "Finally! Now I can do what I want to do!" I have such a long list! I prefer to run in the morning but don't have enough time during the school year - mainly because I don't like to run in the dark by myself!! I have so many exercise DVDs I've been ignoring for a long time that I need to dust off! I want to keep things fresh and interesting so I stay with it and don't waste away my summer being LAZY!!!

So here are MY SUMMER GOALS:

Do a different workout every week when I'm at home or at least until I get good at it then try another new one! Trying out some of these DVDs that I've got sitting around for yoga and Pilates. Trying to keep up with MY favorite trainer Jillian Michaels and her DVDs. I really want to try her Kickboxing one!

Try out the different sequences on my yoga apps for my iPhone.

Run a different route no matter even if it's on the same street! I'll just go a different direction or back through different neighborhoods that I haven't gone into yet. I'll turn down random streets and try not to get lost! I'll return to old faves I haven't run in awhile - they'll still feel new! I'll change it up and keep things fresh and different so that I never get bored all summer long!!

I need to really be more careful with what I put into my body as fuel! I will still enjoy my food but I will watch portions. I will avoid added sugars and processed stuff! I read somewhere if it comes in a box, bag or can and has a long list of ingredients, you may want to think twice about putting it into your body!

I will READ more! I have a stack of books and magazines that are just calling my name! Now that I don't have papers to grade or lesson plans to write, I can read!!!

Heal my shoulder and somehow continue all of these workout plans. If I do my physical therapy exercises everyday, sometimes twice a day, it will heal and I will get stronger. I need to work on my "wings" - keeping my shoulders back instead of hunching over all the time - Like now! Sit up straight!!

I will work on my blog posts more. I write in my head so often. I never take the time to sit down and put it on the computer! I want to be like so many of the other fitness bloggers I follow! I want to be a source people turn to for info on great races and places around the world! I have to write it all down in order to be that person!!!

Have you made out a list of goals for your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment