Friday, October 19, 2012

Living the Dream! Runner's World Half Marathon Weekend

     I am about to spend the weekend with some of the most amazing people on the planet - well, in my opinion anyway! I am going to be surrounded by the people of Runner's World Magazine at the Runner's World Half & Festival! The editors, the writers, the runners behind one of the greatest running magazines out there! I am so excited!
      Not only will I be surrounded by the people of Runner's World, but I will also be among some of the great bloggers that I have had the pleasure of tweeting with over the past year or so. People from all over the country who share my same passion: RUNNING!
     I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of my best running weekends ever! I have been following the tweets of friends who are already attending events up there. So sad I had to work today instead! But I will be there tomorrow, spending ALL DAY at the expo! I have a full schedule of seminars with all the greats from Runner's World and an Olympian! Shalene Flanagan, who ran the Women's Marathon in London this Summer, will be there and I will get to meet her! Chills!!!!
On a sad note, Kristin Armstrong, author, blogger for Runner's World and runner, will no longer be attending this weekend's festivities. I had so hoped to meet her. I have been dreaming of talking to her for so long. I have read her book, Mile Markers: The 26.2 Most Important Reasons Why Women Run, twice already and want to read it again. I feel like I know her and her friends in Austin and would love to go on a run with her. Unfortunately, the media circus surrounding her "wasband" (her word, not mine - and a great one!), is keeping her home close to her kids. Yes, that Armstrong. I completely understand and respect her decision. I am so very sad though. I guess I will just have to go to Austin one day!!
     Looking forward to posting all about this amazing weekend with Runner's World!

     Gotta Run!

1 comment: