Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Team Little Black Dress Wines & the 26.2 with Donna Marathon Weekend

     What an honor it was to be a part of Team Little Black Dress Wines during the National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer marathon weekend! It was so much fun! I entered a contest on their Facebook page just on a whim and I was chosen! A total of ten women were picked to represent the Team during the marathon. For each mile we ran during the races, Little Black Dress Wines donated $10 to 26.2 with Donna! We were even given running dresses to wear for the race! We were asked to pick a color - of course I picked black!!

My "Little Black Dress" with a splash of pink!
     Friday evening of race weekend I was also given the opportunity to attend the 26.2 with Donna VIP cocktail party held at One Ocean, a gorgeous resort and spa in Atlantic Beach, Florida.
The outdoor patio at One Ocean Resort & Spa
Beautiful view!
I was officially there to help "represent" Team Little Black Dress Wines and of course the brand, Little Black Dress Wines! I'm sure you can guess what I wore!

     Also attending that night from Little Black Dress Wines were Juan Perez-Vega, director, east division, and Nicholas Shoults, national retail director, to present Donna with a check! Juan has been involved with the race since the start, donating wines to events like this one, but he wanted to take it to the next level. This year they also wanted to help with the fundraising efforts! So beginning in October 2012, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and continuing through the end of February 2013, the month the race was held, $.26 from every bottle of Little Black Dress Wines sold was donated to 26.2 with Donna! Juan and Nicholas, with a little help from me, presented Donna with a check for money raised so far! What an exciting moment to be a part of!

Presenting the check to Donna and Dr. Edith Perez of Mayo Clinic
     The evening was filled with lovely food and of course, fantastic wines! Little Black Dress Wines is going through a revival of sorts and I must say it has been a while since I had enjoyed a glass of their wines. Since being chosen for the Team I have been buying and drinking their wines much more and have rekindled my love for the brand!
The food selection at the party was simply amazing! I was expecting light hors d'oeuvres, but there was so much more!

And then the desserts! I chose this lovely chocolate mousse and cherry cheescake bite to pair with my Pinot Noir. Perfection!


And of course, as seems to be the new thing with pictures of me lately, I was caught in the act once again!

Social Media Butterfly at work!
     What a way to kick off the Donna Marathon Weekend! Thanks for letting me be a part of the Team, Little Black Dress Wines! Looking forward to your continued support of our great cause for many years to come!

10 comments:

  1. What a great blog article! Love the addition of the photos too. You look amazing in your LBD! Must be the running. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I like my pictures! And thanks for the compliment! Running and watching my eating! I love food! And wine! ;-)

      Delete
  2. My Aunt who lives in Brunswick GA always wants me to come down and do this race! It looks like a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's a great course with AMAZING crowd support! I'll be getting my (very late) race recap up soon! :-)

      Delete
  3. Love the recap. I'm so glad you were selected to attend the Little Black Dress event, so much fun! Somehow I never caught that you wore a LBD for the race as well. I still cannot believe how cold it was on race day. I hope 2014 is much warmer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because I haven't done a race recap! Shame on me! Working on it...

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful event!! Can't wait to read your recap of the race, I have it on my calendar for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Will you be doing the half or full? It's great! The only complaint is the darn cold weather! Must pray to weather gods starting NOW!!! LOL!

      Delete
  5. You look GORGEOUS in that black dress!

    ReplyDelete